Tag Archives: telechips

Fixing the Android market on my styleflying t72 gpad g10

When the android tablets are mass produced, I think all of them are given the same android id so I think google is blocking them and that is why you get downloads stuck at “starting download”. Also, random notifications popup saying download of such and such app was unsuccessful when you havent even tried to download that app. So we need to change our androidid. Either get one from another phone you are using or create one from an emulator. The problem with using your phone id is that the same app downloaded on your slate is downloaded to your phone. I used the id from my HTC Hero.

Here’s what I did (directions from slatedroid.com):

1. connect the Hero using adb
2. Type:
adb shell
sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "select * from meta";

3. write down this androidid somewhere!
4. connect gpad with adb
5. Type:
adb shell
sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX where name='androidId'";

(obviously replace XXX’s with your id)
6. restart and enjoy market!